Industry Background For Beauty Therapists In London
Beauty temping has always been popular for qualified beauty therapists in big Cities like London and this has continued for more than 25 years according to leading recruitment industry experts.
Why Are Beauty Therapist Temps Popular In London
Reason: Temping offers beauty therapists the perfect balance between finding regular beauty therapist work, doing the thing you love in an exiting location, along with the flexibility to build a work schedule around your desired lifestyle choices.
Qualified staff for Temping is usually required, either to cover busy weekends, sickness, maternity or the busy holiday season, working for Beauty salons, clinics and Spas in London.
Qualifications Required For Beauty Therapist Temping
The minimum qualification to become a fully qualified beauty therapist is a level 2 or level 3 qualification in beauty therapy.
You could start as an assistant in a salon or spa and study for qualifications on the job, or do a full-time or part-time college course while looking for work.
You could also train with a private beauty school.
You will need at least 2 years full-time salon/clinic/spa experience to qualify for temp work.
Latest Industry Trends For Beauty Temping In London
More temps, please!!
There are some noticeable trends going on in the beauty temp industry in London that are worth mentioning as they show a marked change from what was the norm over the last few years.
Let me explain. The latest research shows the following trends:
- The usual temp season of March 1st to 30th September 2017 for beauty therapists started earlier in February and is still not stopped in October.
- In fact the demand for beauty temps is continuing amongst beauty salons, hotels, and spas
- Overall the number of temp job vacancies has grown significantly over 2017 as well as the temp season appearing not to follow the traditional seasonal trend of previous years
- There is a skills shortage in London resulting in more demand for beauty temps than there are candidates to cover these temp job opportunities
Why Is The Demand So High For Beauty Temps In London Right Now?
Rose Hadley London in October 2017 said in a recent interview that “After 25 years of business in the UK, covering London, this year 2017 has been exceptional, defying all the usual seasonal trends and demand is huge for qualified Beauty temps in London”.
- The reason may be explained by the uncertainty caused by Brexit, the vote in favour of the UK leaving the European Union
- Another reason could be the meteoric rise of the aesthetic industry with many beauty therapists upskilling to Level 4
- In previous years Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans were driving the market too
- Either way, Temps are in big demand with lots of temp jobs in London available, it is fair to say that Temps are driving the employment market and therefore also driving the recruitment industry growth for beauty temps
- Demand for beauty temps in London is up significantly and growing rapidly!
- There is certainly a demand for permanent beauty therapists, companies are however having to embrace beauty temps as a vital resource now far more so than in recent years.
- It appears the impact of Brexit and the uncertainty it brings is impacting on the Beauty jobs market to push up demand for temps.
*Research is taken from interviews with leading beauty and hair recruitment agency owners.
If you require more information about current Beauty Therapist job vacancies or are a Beauty salon or spa looking for new candidates, contact Rose Hadley London. Tel. 0207 584 1990 or visit our beauty jobs page here: Latest Beauty Jobs